The Beyond Horse Massage Home Study Course is a self-guided, online course that provides guided study and structured practice of the techniques taught during the Beyond Horse Massage Weekend Seminar-Workshop. The prerequisite for this online course is to own and have read the Beyond Horse Massage Book. It is also recommended to own The Beyond Horse Massage DVD/Streaming option.
The Beyond Horse Massage Home Study Course is an excellent course to take if you:
- Want to prepare for a Weekend Seminar-Workshop.
- Have attended a Weekend Seminar-Workshop and want to review and practice the material. (**see note below).
- Are planning to become Certified in The Masterson Method (The Home Study Course is a prerequisite to attend the Advanced 5-Day Course, and for Certification).
- Are unable to attend a Workshop or live in a part of the world which makes travel to a Weekend Seminar-Workshop a challenge.*
This course provides unlimited online access to:
- Over six hours of video of Jim Masterson teaching the techniques taught in the Beyond Horse Massage Weekend Seminar-Workshop.
- Follow-up video of Jim Masterson answering student questions and providing additional coaching and problem-solving on each technique.
- Quizzes to ensure your knowledge and understanding.
- Instructional practice time with downloadable PDFs.
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon completion of the course.
- 12 CEUs are approved from the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Organization (NCBTMB).
**There is a student discount on the Home Study Course if you have taken attended a Beyond Horse Massage Weekend Seminar-Workshop, or if the Home Study Course is purchased when registering for a Weekend Seminar-Workshop. If you have attended a Weekend Seminar-Workshop and would like a student discount, please email or call the office at 641-472-1312, M-F from 9am – 4pm Central.
*Note: This Home Study Course is not in lieu of the Weekend Seminar-Workshop for Certification. You will still need to complete the Weekend Seminar-Workshop in-person if you plan to become Certified in The Masterson Method®.
What I found most helpful: I began this course before I attended a weekend seminar. I feel this course helped me tremendously to further understand the methods taught in the book and the dvds. The videos in the home study course were more detailed on how to do each technique. I especially liked the Follow-Up…
What I found most helpful: The combination of book/manual and lesson videos. I also like the introduction, go practice, and follow up format, and that there is no set due date or time in which we must complete a lesson or the course. And finally, Jim is very clear and open. What I Experienced: I…
What I found most helpful: first explaining what you want to do and why it helps specific issues, then doing the video demonstration is key! Ending each section with a test of knowledge helps organize my thoughts and solidify the process. This online class is done VERY well – much more information on “how to”…
What I found most helpful: I love the videos because it gives me a good 3 dimensional picture of what to do and what’s happening with the horse. What I Experienced: Amazing! Everything from blinking to whole body stretching and lots of great relaxation and deep breathing. I’ve also seen a difference in the way…
What I found most helpful: I am amazed at how these simple techniques can make a difference in how comfortable my horses are after I work on them. What I Experienced: The first time I got a huge release from my horse was so rewarding for me. Even my trimmer has noticed a difference when…
What I found most helpful: What I found most helpful about the Beyond Horse Massage Home Study Course was being able to watch Jim work on horses while teaching folks in his methodology. Nothing like being able to watch the “Master” at his craft. Lorre was my weekend seminar instructor and there were things that…