In order to begin Fieldwork, students must demonstrate skills in horsemanship, handling, and safety, and have the basic physical fitness (strength, stamina, and stability) needed to safely and effectively complete a whole horse session. If we feel you are not ready to move on to Fieldwork, you could be asked to get further training.
Prerequisite: The fundamentals of anatomy, physiology, and health considerations in the horse are essential to effective bodywork. Before attending the 2nd Coaching Course, students will need to have either taken our approved anatomy course, Equine Anatomy and Health Considerations through Avalon Performance Horse, or have equivalent anatomy training. Each applicant will take a Fieldwork Entrance Quiz to evaluate their proficiency in equine anatomy. This evaluation plus the applicants experience and past training in anatomy will be used to determine if the applicant will be required to take additional anatomy coursework.
- Students complete a series of Masterson Method sessions on local horses, and attend an in-person coaching session for each of the Three Blocks. Fieldwork typically requires some travel, both depending how far away the nearest coach lives.
- Students write a report after each Masterson Method session and submit them online for Mentor feedback. Students need access to a computer (or tablet), email address, and Internet connection, however accommodations can be made for those without technology equipment.
- Each Block has a different focus:
- Block 1: Basic proficiency in Masterson Method practices and principles, advanced techniques, and evaluations
- Block 2: Improving competence in the principles, techniques, and evaluations; gaining a working knowledge of anatomic structures as they relate to the bodywork
- Block 3: Continuing to improve competence in the principles, techniques, and evaluations; considering primary issues and “putting it all together”
- At the completion of each Block, the student will attend a Coaching Course at which the student will work one-on-one with a Coach. The coach will both guide and evaluate the student’s progress with the Techniques.
- At the third Coaching Course the student must demonstrate a certain level of proficiency in order to be able to go on to the Certification Completion Course. The final Coaching Course must be completed at least 3 weeks prior to attending the Certification Completion Course.
Tuition: $2100 ($700 will be paid at the beginning of each Block)