In this 3-Day course, you will learn the basics of how to practice The Masterson Method with horses in equine-assisted services (EAS) programs AND how to help EAS program participants and volunteers/staff do the Bladder Meridian Technique with the horse to release tension, build trust, and deepen connection.
- Learn how to practice the fundamental principles of The Masterson Method equine bodywork through following the horse’s responses
- Gain hands-on experience practicing select techniques on EAS horses
- Learn about the unique needs of the EAS horse
- Learn the specific roles and responsibilities of a Masterson Method Equine Specialist and others involved in offering a safe and structured facilitated bodywork activity
- Plan and practice components of a facilitated bodywork session using role-play
- Understand safety guidelines and legal obligations as they pertain to EAS participants and horses
Students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience safely handling horses on the ground
- Have experience working or volunteering with an EAS program currently, in the past, or in the works (planned)
- Read the Beyond Horse Massage book or watched the Beyond Horse Massage DVD or streaming video prior to attending
If you are a Masterson Method Certified Practitioner and interested in pursuing the MMES certification, please contact the MMES Program Coordinator at before registering. We offer a discount to qualified MMCPs interested in assisting and attending. For more information, login to the Fieldwork School Site and look under Resources for our Continuing Education Opportunities.
Smokey seemed to have a smile on his face as he licked & chewed. As he was relaxing, I felt myself relaxing and enjoying the feedback from him. This was a true give & take experience. By my feeling his willingness & calmness, I became calm. I was able to give him a ‘softer hand’…
This class [MMES] is an incredible way to build connection and trust with your horse and an amazing way to share it with others.
This course [MMES] was beyond my expectations. I learned so much from the teacher and every person in attendance. My work with horses and people will be new, informed by this experience.
Softening my hands was challenging. I’ve been going around with fists all the time and didn’t even know it.
I think when you give, you get something back, as long as the intent is pure. I think about some of the kiddos I’ve mentored or worked with, and the idea that they would be important enough to make a difference in a horse’s life has dramatic effects on them for a variety of reasons.…
The Masterson Method is the first [program] I have found that is for the horse; it is so very real and truly teachable to people. The Equine Specialist piece has been a tangible tool nobody can dispute that is effective for the client while not compromising the integrity of the horse.
I worked with a client who had serious sexual trauma. She held her feelings inside all the time. Working the bladder meridian made this client realize that the horse was holding onto his feelings too. As the horse responded to her she began crying as she realized she needed to let her own feelings go.…
The MMES training was wonderful! I went back to [the barn] yesterday and had three horses, and the training I received this weekend really helped me connect more [with the horse] and go even softer during my sessions. I just loved the training. What an awesome program MMES really is!