The Advanced 5-Day Course in equine massage is an advanced, practical course that is open to anyone with experience handling horses and a basic knowledge of equine anatomy, who is interested in improving relationship, communication and performance in horses. It is also the primary course for the Certification Program.
Optional: Add the Whole Horse Video Series: 14 Sessions to your order and follow Jim Masterson working on his client’s horses at the Winter Equestrian Festival Horse Show. By following Jim into the stalls you get a bird’s eye view of Jim using the Masterson Method® techniques on different horses. All Whole Horse videos are a compilation of bodywork done on performance horses during a show season. Evaluations and Masterson Method techniques were used during each of these sessions. These are not intended specifically as teaching videos, but as a “bird’s eye view” of Jim working on a variety of horses. Watching Jim working on horses is a valuable clue to timing, softness and level of feel.
First Prerequisite – Two-Day Seminar-Workshop and purchase of Beyond Horse Massage Book and DVD/Streaming:.
- Prerequisite for the Advanced 5-Day is to own the Beyond Horse Massage book and DVD/Streaming. Please add to your order if you do not currently own both. Overseas applicants can purchase via the red banner at the top of the STORE for our UK store and our Australian publisher.
- A Weekend Seminar is also a prerequisite to attending an Advanced 5-Day Course.
Second Prerequisite – Completion of the: Beyond Horse Massage Home Study Course
Third Prerequisite – Physical Fitness
- This course requires a certain level of physical fitness. You will be on your feet 6 – 8 hours per day and must be able to comfortably bend over, pick up and hold all four legs of the horse.
Fourth Prerequisite – Horse Experience and Equine Anatomy
- Students must complete our Entrance Quizzes for the Advanced 5-Day Courses on basic anatomy and horsemanship.
- Completion of both these quizzes with scores of 90% is required to complete your registration. The quizzes can be retaken as many times as necessary to receive the 90% prerequisite scores.
Please read Cancellation Policy
Please read Advanced 5-Day Course Logistics
Registration is open. Online registration closes 30 days prior to the course. After that, contact office for availability.
- Credit/Debit Card
- PayPal Credit
Important: Do not book any travel arrangements until you have received an email from our office confirming that the course will be going forward.